My friend Lindsay posted this, and I have to join in. I love any excuse to fill out this kind of thing, and this one comes with Disney gifs! So, I pretty much have to. Here goes.
1. A Whole New World – What is your favorite newest fantasy series?
I just started reading The Lies of Locke Lamora, the first book in the Gentlemen Bastard series. It’s from 2006, so not super new, but it’s new to me, and it’s pretty excellent so far.
2. Part of Your World – What book world would you like to live in?
If not Harry Potter, then either Narnia or Middle Earth. Probably Narnia, because stuff seems fairly cool there most of the time.
3. Let it Go- What book/series do you wish everyone would stop talking about?
Definitely 50 Shades. I want it to go away forever.
4. When You Wish Upon a Star- What book or series do you wish you could have more of?
Percy Jackson. But Rick Riordan is starting a new series, so in a way my wish has been granted?
5. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious- What is the longest book you have read?
Unabridged Les Misérables. It was amazing and frustrating and beautiful and sad. I don’t really recommend it unless you’re as in love with the story of Les Mis as I am, because I can be pretty brutal to get through at times.
6. Hakuna Matata- What book could you read over and over without a care in the world?
Crime and Punishment, or Jurassic Park maybe. Raskolnikov never gets boring to me. And, of course, dinosaurs, so, duh.
7. A Spoonful of Sugar- What couple has the sweetest relationship?
Going back to Percy Jackson again. If not Percy and Annabeth themselves, then definitely Leo and Calypso. So cute. I love relationships that start out with “Ugh I hate you, you’re so annoying,” and I love even better ones that stay that way. Calling someone a jerk while you’re kissing them is the best romance.
8. You Got a Friend in Me- Who are the best “best friends?”
Is it bad that my first thought was actually Dexter and Deborah Morgan? I think this is more the case in the TV show than the novels, but still.
9. Zero to Hero- What character wasn’t expected to be a hero?
This is a really hard question actually. I don’t read a ton of books with typical storylines involving heroes and not-heroes, which makes me sound like a bit of a ponce I guess. I legitimately cannot think of anything. There must be someone. Tell me who I’ve forgotten!
10. You’ll Be in My Heart- What Character death made you cry the most?
Most recently, probably Rue from The Hunger Games.
These are always fun. Pass it on and let me see your answers!